Parents and Community Member Information
Bullying doesn’t happen only at school and no community is “safe” from the devastating effects of childhood bullying.
Because bullying is so widespread, it requires a communitywide response. Successful initiatives rely on coordinated
participation by school districts, law enforcement, juvenile justice systems, early childhood educators, mental health
providers, families, and others.
Here are four Steps YOU can take to prevent bullying wherever it occurs
- Take the Pledge by signing below
- Support one another in living out the Pledge
- Spread the Pledge in the community
- Collaborate locally and challenge unacceptable behaviors of violence and hate by Standing Up and Speaking Out
I believe that EVERY student has the right to be respected and enjoy a safe school year regardless of race, gender, class, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other aspect of what we look like, what our preferences are or where we come
from. By providing the information below, I am pledging to:
- support others who have been hurt or harmed
- treat others with kindness
- be more accepting of people’s differences
- help include those who are left out
Email will be used for distribution of Stand Up Speak Out newsletter only.